"MonsteR WEST" MIXTAPE

HOT DEALS!

special slot 5 i-kam xtreme video glasses archery supplies fish grip

Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

DA TROOPA


DA TROOPA
RAP ARTIST

1. WHO IS DA TROOPA?
                  "Exclusive Da Troopa" aka ''DA TROOPA''.....an original native of Philadelphia has come to change the musical industry as we know it! This very talented young lady has breaken the barriers of racism,political retrobands and sexual diversities with her multi-cultural sound. "DA TROOPA" has no story,she is the story! The story of a survivor, co-signer of the abrubt society we've all come to know,the joy which has come out of it all and the story of a broken heart! Growing up under musical inspiration and father"Lance" the love for music came all too naturally, singing at 4,writing at 7 and flowing since 12 Exclusive Da Troopa is definently a force to be reackoned with!



2. WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT DO YOU REP?
               2-1-5, P-H-I.........must I finish the rest! ''You Already Know''  I Rep *Who Dat Entertainment*


3. WHAT SCHOOLS DID YOU ATTEND ?(GRADE/HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE)
               I've attended almost ever school in the city due to my un-stabled childhood.....17 different foster homes and about 9 different  group homes! ''AW man'', the list is so long.....I'll name a few though. Ben Franklin(N.P),Gratz(H.P),Germantown High(G-TOWN),Kensington high, Winslow(New Jersey).........ect . that's just some of the high school though! Middle schools....Beeber(West Philly),Turner(S.W),Pierce(S.P)  

4. DO YOU HAVE A ROLE MODEL OR SOMEONE YOU LOOK UP TO? IF SO WHO & WHY?
             My biggest role model I would deff have to say was my step-mother Vanessa(R.I.P) she passed about 2 1/2 yrs. ago from pancreatic cancer ........my eyes still water when I mention her occasionally, she was my rock! She taught my to value the fundamentals of life ,rather good or bad. I was a street chick the only female out of like 20 dudes....... she taught me how to be a lady. I was always like the little sis type nah mean' ! My other biggest role model /influence is my ten yr. old son because for him  to be so small on the out side but so ''big hearted'' on the inside he just keeps me motivated! He makes me want to be everything I'm supposed to be and then some

5. IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANY PROFESSION WHAT WOULD IT BE? & WHY?
            Being an artist...........I don't think i'd rather have it any other way, I am hip-hop! I can't go 10 sec without thinking of a hook (lol) my conversations be raps....... I was bussing it up with my girlfriend the other day and after my last statement she just was like ''ill'', I was stuck with the dumb look until she repeated what I said....... then I was like.....''ill'' !
The art of expression has always been my counselor in a sense rather it would be through a poem, drawing or a step(ballet,tap dancing, drill team)


6. IF FOR WHATEVER REASON YOUR PROFESSION OF CHOICE DOESN'T WORKOUT DO YOU HAVE A PLAN B?
            WOW..........lol! That was a great question, your always suppose to have a plan B ! I love helping others, I love giving love because I know how it feels to wonder if your being loved and only love can move a mountain.......so I could see myself as a mentor for children with behavioral issues, a mentor to the less fortunate,I also fell in love with the thought of being an ultrasound technician!  

7. WHAT IS YOUR MAIN FOCUS?
            Keeping my eye on the prize which reflects on the catagory of my friends,family,fans,supporters, my self ..... I think not letting everyone as well as myself down is my biggest focus, to be the best to my ability in;what ever that may be!

8. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN (DOING WHAT YOU DO)?
            To be honest all my child hood hobbies play a part in who I am today ! For example , I grew up in the church and I was infatuated with the choir. I joined at the early age of 4 yrs. old,My father put me in dance class at the age of 5 and school was always a must! According to my father education was the key, I was always a writer but I was able to better express myself at the age of 7 yrs. old . I hit middle school in the 90's which was clearly the era of Hip-hop...... Salt-n-Pepper,Queen Latifah , Bahamadia,Mc lyte,Roxanne Shante and so many others at their peak  played a major role as to where I stand today! At lunch I would be the only girl at the table in the rap seiffer keeping up with the fellas, (it wasn't as hard as I thought) in other words the guys weren't the only one's capable of bringing the heat.......lol!  Any way that kinda encouraged me to keep working on my craft and that same self -discipline followed me through High School where I really broke out of my shell,dominating the mic and embarrassing anyone who wanted it! 

9. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WANNA START (DOING WHAT YOU DO)?
            My father is an industry mogul, you minds well say I was born into the game just didn't know it. He's been radio personnel/DJ for almost ever station in the city and has worked with every one Jazzy Jeff, Will Smith, Boys to Men, Patti Label, Larry Larr, New Edition, Jill Scott, The Roots, Tyrese, Busta Ryhmes, Rob (formally of est)....the list goes on! Needless to say I was always drawn to the beat, always had an ear not to mention the moves for great music! 

10. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER TALENTS?
            Indeed I do......I am fortunate enough to say I've been blessed with tons of them. Modeling, Acting, Singing, Dancing, Drawing, Writing, rapping, I make crazy beats , I can't tell yawl all my secrets ....lol!

11. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS?
            Only god knows  where ever it may be, I know that it's god's will  

12. DO YOU HAVE ANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHINE LIGHT ON?
            As I reflect back on words from one of the greats........ '' I went from ashy to Classy'' R.I.P- B.I.G

13. DO YOU HAVE A SPOUSE? OR ARE YOU SINGLE?
            Aww,'' THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION''......................, let's stick to the bizzness and not me bizzness!
  
14. DO YOU LOOK AT (WHAT YOU DO) AS BEING A HOBBY OR CAREER?
            Hmmmmmmmm, A little of both, you can't persue the music game part time and expect great outcomes not unless your a Stevie Wonder or a Ray Charles, The Supremes or somebody.......(lol)

15. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
            O.m.g , I feel like I'm auditioning for ''playboy magazine or something......syke naw I'm 5'2 1/2 , nicely cut if you know what I mean...... Honey comb complected......yeah that's me

16. HOW OLD ARE YOU?
            June 1st I'll be 25 yrs. old through the grace of god!
I am every little bit of a GEMINI ........ and we're only as bad as you make us.... lmbo! 

17. WHAT KIND OF CLOTHING DO YOU PREFER TO WEAR? 
            I'm acorn fresh everyday of the year........... 
  
18. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?
           Gimme some ''SOULFOOD' and i'm alllllrrrrrrrrrrrrright! 

19. DO YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT WORKS (MIXTAPES, ALBUMS, MAGAZINE ARTICLES, ETC) THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO PROMOTE?
            DEFINITELY, ''The Shakedown Vol.1'' is currently in stores all over the city,Vol.2 coming this summer ........oh man that thing is craz-to-the eeeeee! April 9th I'll be at Club SKYY with hedonis (Adams Ave. & Tabor rd), April 10th I'll be at Tacony Billiard that's just a couple events for this month! By the way if you missed me and Freeway that thing was bananas.....shot out to all my up and coming man, keep grinding!  

20. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF FOOTWEAR?
            I've gotta weakness for a bad ass stiletto,lol

21. AT ANY TIME DO YOU SLACK OFF OR GET SIDE TRACKED FROM YOUR WORK?
            Of course I do ,I'm human not a machine as long as I keep site of my agenda and I know that there's work to be done I keep play time to a minimum but  you only get one life so I try to balance the weight of both............... 

22. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN THE PUBLIC'S EYE ? 
            I like to chill,I've ran the streets so much I'm bored with it now so when i'm not out performing or shooting videos.. ect  I kick back with the family! I love shopping, eating, watching a good movie( comedy or action I prefer ) Of course I do the video games, skating, bowling....to be honest i'm good with just kicking it out front on my step!

No comments:

Post a Comment