"MonsteR WEST" MIXTAPE

HOT DEALS!

special slot 5 i-kam xtreme video glasses archery supplies fish grip

Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

JOURNEY

JOURNEY

1. WHO IS JOURNEY? 
Journey is an outgoing, spontaneous, and family oriented Spoken Word Artist/Song Writer. 

2. WHAT SCHOOLS DID YOU ATTEND? (GRADE/HIGH SCHOOL/COLLEGE)
Logan Elementary, J. Hampton Moore Elementary, Woodrow Wilson Middle School, Northeast High, and Lake Weir High (Florida).


3. DO YOU HAVE A ROLE MODEL OR SOMEONE YOU LOOK UP TO? IF SO WHO & WHY?
My role model is my father, he is such a God fearing, humble, hardworking (retired now) person. I look up to him because I strive to be the best person I can be, like my father. On the other hand, in the industry, my role mode is the wonderful, awe-inspiring Maya Angelou. I grew up listening to her books on tape, and reading her beautifully written poetry. She certainly inspired me to be a writer.

4. IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANY PROFESSION WHAT WOULD IT BE? WHY? 
I would be a Elementary School teacher. Elementary Education is what I am currently taking up at Chestnut Hill College. I love children and helping them to reach their goals in life. Unfortunately there aren’t enough caring teachers out here. 

5. IF FOR WHATEVER REASON YOUR PROFESSION OF CHOICE DOESN'T WORKOUT DO YOU HAVE A PLAN B?
I would be an Author. Currently I am working on my first book of poetry. Next, I will work on a fiction book that everyone can relate to in some aspect. Writing is my first love and no matter what profession I end up in I will always be a Writer.


6. WHAT IS YOUR MAIN FOCUS?
Right now my main focus is to work, finish school, and enjoy collaborating with other wonderful upcoming artist.


7. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WRITING?
I have been writing since I was eleven years of age. My parents separated at that time (eventually divorced), and writing was the only way I knew to express my feelings so that people could feel what I felt. I vividly remember writing poetry in my composition book on the train everyday after school.


8. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO WANNA START DOING MUSIC?
Well, since I love music and love writing I thought I would try to start writing songs. I realized I love it! As soon as I hear a beat the words come to my head as if the beat is speaking to me. It’s also a lot of fun and an extra stress reliever.

9. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER TALENTS?
No, I had piano lessons as a child, but that didn’t quite work out lol.


10. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS?
Hmmm…married, finished, school, traveling, teaching children, signing books for my lovely readers, and hearing my songs on the radio (hey, you never know, Beyonce may one day sing something that I wrote).


11. HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED ANY OF YOUR GOALS YET?
Yes, I completed my courses at Community College of Philadelphia, completed a few collaborations, and started working on my poetry book.


12. DO YOU HAVE ANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHINE LIGHT ON?
Yes, staying focused! Trust me staying focused is a big accomplishment for anyone.


13. DO YOU HAVE A SPOUSE? OR ARE YOU SINGLE?
Happily single. I barely have time for myself.


14. DO YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE EVENTS/SHOWS COMING UP?
Any upcoming events can be viewed on Facebook under the name: Spoken Journey or follow me on twitter @ JourneySpeaks.


15. DO YOU LOOK AT SPOKEN WORD/SONGWRITING AS BEING A HOBBY OR CAREER?
Definitely both.


16. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5’9 (and a half to be exact).


17. HOW OLD ARE YOU?
I am 25 years old, I will be 26 in August.


18. WHAT KIND OF CLOTHING DO YOU PREFER TO WEAR?
As long as it’s cute, sexy, comfortable, and affordable, I’ll rock it. I’m not a fraud, I can’t afford all the glam and gold right now. Don’t get me wrong I get sexy, but I can’t do it BIG right now.


19. HAVE YOU APPEARED IN ANY MUSIC VIDEOS, MAGAZINES, ADS, OR FLYERS?
Yes, a collaboration with B. West, and Tone Trump. Song is titled “Getting’ Money” Check it out on Youtube! and on B. West's "I Wanna Rock Mixtape" Dropping In June On Datpiff.com


20. IF YOU COULD BE GRANTED 3 WISHES WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
All my immediate family living under one huge roof
To meet my grandparents on my father’s side
To live comfortably without headaches of bills


21. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?
Chinese


22. AT ANY TIME DO YOU SLACK OFF OR GET SIDE TRACKED FROM YOUR WORK?
Yes, when I have too much on my plate at one time.


23. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN THE PUBLIC'S EYE ?
I enjoy being with my family, going out with good friends, and catching up on some sleep.. lol


24. WHERE ARE YOU FROM? WHAT DO YOU REP? 
PHILLY! Of course, that’s we’re the beautiful talented people are born lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment